Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Sappy Side....

We were all pretty bummed and in
shock when we got that email...
Some kids dropped out... others (like me)
didn't wanna play for a while after that...

But we knew it was the best
thing for you and your family...
I think we were all okay with it
because we admired you so much....

Because you made things fun...

Because you inspired us, to be that best
we could be..... not just when we picked up
our horns... but in everyday life...

That probably was the coolest thing about
you... you were always happy...
Negative comments weren't in
your vocabulary....

It was the little things..
like the cheesy lines from movies
that made us laugh and want
to come back to band everyday....

You made band fun...
it wasn't a class... it was a play time....
a time to be with the people that
you knew would accept you no matter what...

It was like that because YOU made it
that way...
Because you wanted everyone to be accepted
AND respected...

You could have fun with us... but
when ever you stomped your
foot on that podium we knew you
meant it was time to get serious and play...


You're only like two hours away...
but not having you as a teacher anymore...
really sucks!!
I never knew how much I really appreciated
you until you left....

But while I'm being sappy and crap...
I just wanna say thanks...
thanks for pushing me to do the things I
didn't wanna do..(Solo, all state, ect :)
You've really set me on a path to
do well.....

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment